(Press release from the Ottawa Police.)
On Friday November 27th, 2015, the Ottawa Police Service Drug Unit with the assistance of the Tactical Team executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act warrant in the 800 block of David Manchester Rd. west of Highway 7. The warrant execution was the culmination of an approximately three week-long investigation.
Included in the items seized were:
- 57.2 grams of cocaine valued at $5,720.00.
- 7 grams of Cannabis marihuana valued at $70.00
- 5 capsules of Nabilone valued at $25.00
- $11,015.00 in Canadian currency
As a result of the investigation 42 year-old Saade Ayoub, of Ottawa is charged with:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking a Schedule I Substance (cocaine) X 2 contrary to Sec 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking a Schedule II Substance X 2 (marihuana, Nabilone) contrary to Sec 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime over $5000.00 contrary to Sec 355 (a) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime under $5000.00 contrary to Sec 355 (b) of the Criminal Code
Ayoub was released on a Promise to Appear with a court date of December 23, 2015.