Category Archives: Police, Fire & Paramedics

Fire on Abaca Way caused by a discarded cigarette

Abaca Fire Photo
Photo from the Ottawa Fire Department

Ottawa Fire said this morning via Twitter:

“Yesterday’s fire on Abaca Way was caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette. Cigarette was put in a planter which caught fire. This is the third fire in a week caused by carelessly discarded smoking material.”


Do you have a Stittsville news tip or an issue you’d like us to follow up on?  Send us an email at feedback@stittsvillecentral.ca


SHARE THIS