The Stonecrest Elmentary School Council is hosting a “meet the candidates” event on Monday night, featuring the four candidates for Zone 1, the area that includes Stittsville.
The four candidates in Zone 1 include:
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Date: Monday, September 22, 2014
Location: Library of Stonecrest Elementary School (3791 Stonecrest Rd, Kanata)
“A free information session for parents/guardians. No registration required.”
More info: www.stonecrest-council.ca
Our article earlier this week about the latest in the push for a public high school in Stittsville generated quite a few comments. Here’s a sampling of your opinions.
Jenny Guth’s son Levi is only in junior kindergarten this year, but she’s already thinking about where he’ll go to high school.
Guth (pictured above), along with several other parents in the area, are planning events and activities this fall to ramp up pressure on the Ontario Government to fund a new public high school for Stittsville. Continue reading
Ottawa Police are reminding motorists and pedestrians to be aware of the extra children and youth on city streets over the next few days.
Kids will be returning to school and will be busing, walking and riding their bikes to their destinations. Police offer these safety tips:
- Reduce speeds in school zones and be ready to stop at any time. Children do not always notice oncoming traffic.
- Obey school bus signals.
- Walk on available sidewalks.
- Always cross at intersections, looking and listening for traffic and walk across only when road is clear and safe to do so.
- Follow adult crossing guards, student crossing patrols and school bus operator’s signals.
- Always wear a helmet when riding a bike and walk your bike across a roadway.
For more safety tips, click here.
Fall school bus schedules are now available on the Ottawa Student Transportation Authority (OSTA) web site: