(Press release from the City of Ottawa.)
On Sunday, April 19, new spring schedule changes will go into effect with both service improvements and reductions to reflect the seasonal demand for service. The Rack & Roll program also returns with bike racks reinstalled on close to 500 buses.
Spring service highlights include:
- Route 96 service in Stittsville will be improved on Sunday mornings with a new earlier trip.
- Route 97 service Sunday evenings to Bells Corners will be improved with a later trip.
- Route 66 service to Kanata will have one extra trip added in the afternoons.
- Route 134 will have improved Saturday evening service to the Orléans South and Renaud communities with a new later trip.
- Resources will be reallocated on school services, including the 600-numbered routes, to better match ridership levels. Some routes will have trips adjusted or cancelled. Visit octranspo.com for details.
- Seasonal frequency reductions will be made on Routes 4, 111 and 129 to coincide with the end of the academic year at Carleton University and La Cité. Supplementary service will operate until the end of exams.
2014-15 U-Pass expires April 30
Students at Carleton University, the University of Ottawa and Saint Paul University are reminded that their 2014-15 U‑Pass expires on April 30, and will not be valid as a photo ID card during the summer. From May through August, only students 19 and younger are eligible to buy a discounted student pass. Visit an OC Transpo Sales Centre, with proof of eligibility, to buy a Presto card ($6) and have it set with a student concession. A Presto card can be set up to pay-per-ride or per month, does not have a photo, and when not in use is transferable to another person in the same fare category.
Schedule information is available 24 hours a day, up to six days in advance by calling 613-560-1000 or texting 560560 plus the four‑digit bus stop number. New printed timetables are now available. For more details and travel planning assistance, customers should call OC Transpo at 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.