HAZMAT team responds to incident at Amberwood Golf Club pool

UPDATE: Statement from Amberwood Golf & Country Club:

This evening, June 23, there was a localized chemical reaction that caused toxic fumes at Amberwood, concerning management on site. The team evacuated the building as a precautionary measure and contacted the fire department. Five people were taken to hospital for further observations are are expecting to be just fine. There was no explosion or any other situation of note other than the fumes from the reaction.

The fire department called the Hazmat team, which has been checking the HVAC system and making sure that is operational.
We don’t yet know the status for the club for tomorrow (June 24) but will advise as soon as we do.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank the local Ottawa fire department for their assistance.

***

(via Ottawa Fire Services)

54 Springbrook Dr / Amberwood Golf Club.

At 20:11 Ottawa Fire Dispatch received a 911 from the Amberwood Golf Club for a Hazmat where Acid (unknown) was Mixed with Chlorine.

Ottawa Fire special HAZMAT team was dispatch immediately and now responding.

With Ottawa Fire crews on scene, they are requesting for more EMS units as at least 8 patients needed to be attended to.

Ottawa Police Services, Ottawa Paramedic Service responding.

No other information at this time.

 


ADVERTISEMENT
Support Local Stittsville


SHARE THIS