(Press release from the City of Ottawa)
Hope Side Road will be closed between Eagleson Road and Richmond Road beginning Friday, July 17 at 7 p.m. and ending Monday, July 27 at 6 a.m. The closure is necessary to allow for the reconstruction of the Monahan Drain Stormwater Facility.
A signed detour will divert motorists to Fallowfield Road for the duration of the closure.
With all of the construction-related activities underway, residents are encouraged to be flexible with commuting times, stagger work hours or use alternative means for travel. The public is asked to consider options such as transit, walking, cycling or carpooling.
During construction, there will be a greater need for all road users to share the road in a safe manner. When navigating through a detour or a construction area, be cautious and watch out for pedestrians, cyclists and other motorists. Signage along the detour will emphasize the need to slow down and share the road.
The City of Ottawa has tools to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute, including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real-time construction and traffic information.
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cams throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras along Highway 417
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
Further details and other information concerning City road works are available on ottawa.ca.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE