Several City of Ottawa services will be affected by the Labour Day Monday holiday on September 1.
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, or garbage collection on Labour Day. Labour Day’s pickup will take place on Tuesday, September 2. In addition, the collection of garbage, green bin and recycling materials will be delayed by one day for the week of September 1.
- There will be no multi-residential bulky items, green bin and recycling container collection on Labour Day. Labour Day’s pickup will take place on Tuesday, September 2. Recycling container and green bin collection will also be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. However, multi-residential garbage container collectionis not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of September 1.
- All branches, departments and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed, including the Stittsville Public Library. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, September 2.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-2401.
- OC Transpo will operate a Sunday schedule. New fall service goes into effect on Sunday, August 31. New timetables are available at octranspo.com and octranspo.mobi. Call 613- 560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service on Labour Day. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled. Customers may book trips by calling 613-244-7272 on or after Monday, August 25.
- Some outdoor pools, indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming and fitness classes, with modified schedules. Please check with ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
- A full list of city services affected is available here…
See also: What’s open and closed on Labour Day in Ottawa, September 1, 2014 from OttawaStart.com