(Press release from the City of Ottawa.)
The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Victoria Day (Monday, May 18).
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, May 19.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, May 19.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons living with a hearing-related disability, call (TTY: 613-580-2401).
Garbage, green bin and recycling collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection on Victoria Day. Victoria Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, May 19. In addition, the collection of green bin, recycling materials and garbage will be delayed by one day for the week of May 18. For curbside collection enquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- There will be no multi-residential collection of bulky items, green bin and recycling container collection on Victoria Day. Victoria Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, May 19. Recycling container and green bin collection will also be delayed by one day for the week of May 19. However, multi-residential garbage container collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of May 18.
- The Trail Waste Facility is closed.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
- OC Transpo service will operate on a Sunday schedule on Victoria Day. Call 613‑560‑1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390, or visit octranspo.com.
- OC Transpo Sales and Information Centres will be closed with the exception of the Rideau Centre office, which will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- OC Transpo Customer Relations Office (613-842-3600) will be closed.
- Para Transpo operations:
o Customer service (613-842-3681) – closed
o Administration (613-244-1289) – closed
o Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – closed
o Reservations line (613-244-7272) – open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Many pools, fitness centres and some arenas will be open on Victoria Day for public swimming,skating and fitness classes with modified schedules. Please check with ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Many registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled on Victoria Day; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health:
- The latest Food Premises and Personal Service Settings (tattoo and body piercing studios, hairdressing and barbershops, nail salons, electrolysis and various other services) public healthinspection reports are available online 24/7.
- Site program – Site office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed; however, the site mobile van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Line will be closed; however, you can call and leave a message and inquiries will be responded to within one business day. You can also connect with us online for the latest health information on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest andOttawaPublicHealth.ca.
- City of Ottawa Archives, arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed. However, clients should check with ottawa.caor their facility to confirm holiday hours, as some exceptions may apply.
- Museums will be closed.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be open on Saturday, May 16 but will be closed Sunday, May 17 to Monday, May 18 for the Victoria Day weekend.
Municipal child care services:
- City-operated Child Care Centres will be closed.
Ottawa Public Library:
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed. They will operate as usual on Tuesday, May 19.