(Photo: Runners at the 2013 9 Run Run event.)
With less than two weeks until race day, spots are nearly sold out for 9RUNRUN. Now entering its seventh year, 9RUNRUN has raised thousands of dollars for causes such as Do It For Daron and project S.T.E.P.
The event was started as a way to show support for the region’s Emergency Services’ personnel, while encouraging health and fitness in the community. It includes a half-marathon, 10K as well as a “2Kish” race loved by families and kids.
Here’s a list of road closures during the event:
- 07:00 to 13:00 Abbott Street West – both directions will be closed from Stittsville Main Street to Westridge Dr
- 08:45 to 09:30 Stittsville Main Street – both direction from Abbott St to Fernbank Rd will be closed for the start of the 10K and Half Marathon races. The roadway will re-open once the last Half Marathon runner has passed by Fernbank Rd.
- 08:45 – 09:30 Closure of 10 K route (Stittsville Main, Elm, Cypress Gardens, Elm, Bell, Westridge from Bell to Abbott)
- 08:45 to 09:45 Stittsville Main to Flewellyn – southbound lane closed till last half marathoner passes Flewellyn
- 08:55 hrs to 09:30 Westridge Rd – northbound will be closed from Bell St to Abbott St The road will reopen once the last 10k runner has passed and is on the trail
- 09:15 to 11:15 Flewellyn Rd – westbound only, will be closed from Main Street to Munster Rd. It will be re-opened once the last runner has turned onto Munster Rd.
- 09:30 to 11:15 Munster Rd – northbound lane only, will be closed from Flewellyn Rd to Fernbank Rd. It will be re-opened once the last runner has turned onto Fernbank Rd.
- 09:30 to 11:30 Fernbank Rd – eastbound will be closed from Munster Rd to Jinkinson Rd. It will be re-opened once the last runner has turned onto Jinkinson Rd.
- 09:30 to 12:00 Jinkinson Rd -both directions will be closed from Fernbank Rd to a location north of the Trans Canada Trail (passed the turn around point). It will re-open once the last runner is on the Trans Canada Trail.
Parking is available at Sacred Heart High School. More information about parking will be made available closer to race day.
NOTE: There is no parking at the Goulbourn Recreation Centre and on Abbott St West – it will be closed from Main Street to Westridge for the duration of the race.
Here’s a copy of the letter sent to residents affected by the closures: