(via Shad Qadri)
On October 24th please join me and various public health experts starting at 10:00 a.m. upstairs in the Johnny Leroux Stittsville Community Arena for the Keep Stittsville Health event.
As the Chair of the Ottawa Board of Health, I along with Ottawa Public Health have been putting together this event that focuses on health information pertaining to issues residents have brought forward to my attention. Such topics as Parenting in Ottawa, mental health, healthy eating and vaccination are included.
Some fun activities on hand:
- Try SMOOCH the bicycle powered smoothie machine! Pedal up a delicious non-dairy concoction of fresh fruit, juice and frozen field berries using renewable human power!
- Taste delicious samples from Ottawa Public Health Community Food Advisor who will be on site providing healthy snack food demonstrations and education on Canada’s Food Guide.
- healthy3Phiz, Ottawa Public Health’s physical activity mascot will be on hand. Parents bring out your wee ones and join a Salsa Tots or Salsa Kids Latin Dance Fiesta!
- Young students can grade 1 to 12 can participate in an artwork challenge to be featured in Ottawa Public Health’s 2015 Annual Report.
- Ottawa Public Library will be on hand with reading corner for interactive story time sessions including story reading, rhymes and songs around healthy living.
- There will be light refreshments available. I hope you will join me in keeping Stittsville healthy!
I hope you will join me in keeping Stittsville healthy!