Here’s an update on Queensway construction in the Kanata/Stittsville area, provided by Andrew MacHardy from McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers. Work is expected to finish on schedule later this fall.
Highway 417 Expansion
Highway 417 Expansion is progressing on schedule. Much of the platform widening is now complete and the contractor is currently removing all temporary staging necessary to facilitate construction. Final surface course paving is required and is currently in progress throughout the site. Ramp rehabilitation is ongoing as well. Placement of final line painting and sign installation will continue after the completion of surface course paving in preparation for the full opening of the additional lanes that have been constructed.
The lanes which have been reduced in the westbound direction between Eagleson and Moodie are required in order to safely transition the traffic prior to the work zone which begins at Eagleson. The work at Eagleson is required to connect the newly constructed lanes to the existing ones so that we will be able to fully open the widened highway later this fall.
The contractor continues to work 24 hours a day to complete the project by the expected completion date, which remains fall 2014.
Carp Road Overpass
The construction work at the Carp Road Overpass is progressing well. Outstanding work items are:
- Structure rehabilitation, waterproofing and placement of binder course asphalt in stage II.
- Surface course asphalt placement across the entire structure along with Carp Road rehabilitation between interchange ramps and final site access/staging remediation.
- Isolated single lane closures are required after the barrier wall has been removed to complete this work.
The work is on schedule and will be completed by the fall 2014 completion date.
The contractor is progressing well at this location. Outstanding work items include:
- Completion of median and placement of surface course asphalt across the entire structure.
- Isolated single lane closures are required to complete this work. The work is on schedule and will be completed by the fall 2014 completion date.
Carp River Bridges
The structural work at the Carp River Bridges is complete. Final surface course paving is required and will be completed during final surface course paving of the roadway.
Watt’s Creek Culvert Replacement
The existing culvert is now abandoned entirely and the contractor is completing the final structural components of the new culvert. Completion remains fall 2014.
How has the Queensway construction work affected you? Add your comments below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE