The Stittsville Lions are hosting a speaking competition for students from Grades 4-12 on February 28 at the Stittsville Lions Club (1339 Stittsville Main Street).
Category Winner: $100.00
Category Runner-Up: $50.00
Junior – Grades 4, 5 & 6
Intermediate – Grades 7, 8 & 9
Senior – Grades 10, 11 & 12
- Open to all Ontario and Québec Students
- Student must be enrolled public or private school
- Competitions are held in both French and English
- Register before February 15th, 2018 (see contact information below)
- District Winners receive all expense paid weekend to final
- Speeches can be on any topic except religion and partisan politics. At the junior and intermediate levels speeches should be 4 to 5 minutes in length. At the senior level speeches should be 5 to 7 minutes in length.
The 68th Lions Effective Speaking Contest is the largest in Canada and has the support of the Ministries and Boards of Education.
Sponsors: District A4 Ontario and Québec Lions Clubs
Competitions: Club, Region and District Lions Levels
For further details contact:
Lion Gord MacIsaac
(613) 226-1484 or gordon_macisaac@hotmail
Lions Hall: (613) 836 4964
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE