(ABOVE: “Through The Garden Gate” by Brian Carson, Best in Show winner for 2017.)
The Stittsville-Goulbourn Horticultural Society is accepting entries in their annual photo competition.
Class 1: We See Thee Rise – a spring garden
Class 2: Glorious and Free – a summer garden at sunrise
Class 3: With Glowing Hearts – autumn’s full colour
Class 4: The True North – a winter scene – your interpretation
Class 5: Stand on Guard – the Maple – showing a tree, a branch or a leaf
Class 6: Garden Pollinators– close-up of a pollinator(s) on a bloom
Class 7: Fun with Foliage – capture texture on garden foliage
Class 8: Rushing Water – stream, water fall or fountain; must include vegetation
Class 9: Rocks and Roots – a rock garden
Class 10: Trans Canada Trail – Leaves, trees, wildflowers and bushes
Class 11: Richmond Fair – Outstanding fall arrangements, vegetables, flowers and houseplants
Class 12: Local Beauty – barns, silos, buildings in Richmond, Stittsville, Munster landscape.
You must be a member to enter. Memberships cost $15.00 for individuals and $25.00 per family. Five dollar 1st prize for each class. Stittsville Goulbourn Members can also enter the District 2 2018 Competition in March.
- Entries and membership information must be submitted by Sunday February 4/2018.
- One entry per image.
- One entry per class.
- Photos will be accepted in digital format only. Digital photos can be e-mailed to SGHortcultural@gmail.com.
- Entries will be judged by an independent judge. Entries will be judged with 40% to horticultural value, 40 % to photographic value and 20% to appearance.
- Colour and balance can be enhanced. Removal or addition of images into a photo results in disqualification.
- The judges decision is final.
- Prizes will be awarded Tuesday February 20, 2018 meeting.
- We reserve the right to show images at our meetings, in our newsletters or on display at the Goulbourn Recreation Complex display case or at other events for the society.
For more information visit https://sites.google.com/site/sghortsoc/