From Kanata Theatre:
Auditions for: Fairy Tale Ending – A Big Bad Musical
Written by KIEREN MACMILLAN AND JEREMY HUTTON
Directed by Clare Flockton
Performance dates: December 27, 28, 29 and 30th, 2014
Audition dates: Saturday, September 6 (1-4pm), Sunday, September 7 (1-4 pm), and Monday September 8 (6-9 pm)
Callback: Wednesday, September 10th (6-9 p.m.)
Auditions will be held in the Rehearsal Room of the Ron Maslin Playhouse.
Cast: 25 roles. 6 lead roles and 19 ensemble roles. Within this, there are the possibility for both male and female leads.
- Lead roles: Jill – 14+ female with strong vocal range
- Goldilocks – 14+ female, valley girl sort of character
- Troll – adult female physical comedy an asset
- Wolf – adult male strong vocals needed
- Cop – adult female or male
- Jack – 14+ boy cheeky character
Ensemble roles: All ages : 3 Piggies, 3 goats, 3 bears, 3 blind mice, 3 paramedics, 3 constables, a cameo appearance of Grandma.
Join Jill as a “line up” of characters (the Big Bad Wolf, Goldilocks and the Troll) are questioned about the sudden changes occurring in the fairy tales she reads with her grandma. With the help of the Cop, Jack and The Three (Little Pigs/Bears/Billy Goats/Blind Mice), Jill learns that though real life may not be a fairy tale, it can be just as amazing!
There will be choreography to accompany all musical numbers, so an ease in movement will be an asset.
The audition process will consist of:
- a prepared musical theatre song to be sung a cappella (vocals only) *no pop songs please.
- a dance component, where we will teach you movement to one of the dance numbers, and you will dance with a group.
- cold readings from the play, or outside sources, in an effort to see how you are able to develop a character.
Any questions please contact the director Clare Flockton at firstname.lastname@example.org , or one the production managers: Shelley Jean Harrison email@example.com , or Sonia Francis at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in working backstage, please come to the auditions and meet with one of the Production Managers (Shelley, or Sonia). We would love to have you on the team.