(The Crossing Bridge community rink. Photo: Stittsville Central)
Working closely with City of Ottawa staff, outdoor rinks are maintained by volunteers and community groups who provide this service to various neighborhoods across Stittsville. The Outdoor Rink Program offers a great option for residents to stay active in the fresh air during the winter months.
This winter, the program will include COVID modifications with operating recommendations from Ottawa Public Health and guidelines from the Province.
The City recognizes that you may receive inquiries from residents with questions regarding their local outdoor rink. We invite you to use the information below to serve as a guide when responding to questions:
- Signage will be posted at all outdoor rinks reminding skaters to maintain a 2-meter distance from others;
- Information pertaining to gathering limits will be included based on allowances at the time of the program; and,
- opening date to be determined (current outdoor gathering limit is 25).
For those outdoor rinks with an indoor space to put on skates and keep warm, such as a fieldhouse or trailer, several new procedures will be in place for the 2020-21 skating season:
- The maximum capacity for the space will be reduced in order to maintain physical distancing requirements.
- Anyone entering the building will be required to review the health screening questionnaire.
- Anyone entering the building will be required to wear a face mask, as per the Temporary Mandatory Mask By-Law (exceptions those with a medical or physical condition and those under 5 years of age).
- High-touch surfaces, such as railings and door handles, will be cleaned frequently during operational hours.
- The names and phone numbers of skaters entering the building will be collected for contact-tracing purposes.
Residents with questions regarding the general operation of the outdoor rink program are invited to contact the Seasonal Recreation Office by phone at 613-580-2590 or email SeasonalRecreation@ottawa.ca.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE