(Notice of Public Consultation)
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) is reviewing the issuance of a licence undertaking to Extendicare (Canada) Inc. (the “Licensee”) for the development of a replacement home for Extendicare West End Villa (the “Home”), currently a 240-bed long-term care (LTC) home located at 2179 Elmira Drive in Ottawa, Ontario. This transaction includes the:
- redevelopment of the Home’s 240 existing beds;
- transfer of 8 beds from Extendicare Starwood, a 192-bed LTC home located in Nepean;
- transfer of 8 beds from Extendicare Medex, a 193-bed LTC home located in Ottawa; and
- issuance of a new 256-bed licence with a term of up to 30 years for the replacement home, to be located at 5731 Hazeldean Road in Stittsville.
In accordance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, public opinion is being sought prior to a final decision being made relating to this matter. If you have comments or opinions and would like to bring them to the attention of the MOHLTC, you may:
1. Submit them in writing by June 27, 2017 to:
Director under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Licensing and Policy Branch
1075 Bay Street, 11th Floor
Toronto, ON M5S 2B1
e- mail: LTCHomes.Licensing@ontario.ca
2. Present them orally at a public meeting, to be held on Tuesday, June 27, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the Algonquin College, Banquet Room T126, 1385 Woodroffe Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario.
Please include the name of the LTC home and quote Project # 18-017 on all written submissions. The Director will consider all written and oral submissions before making a final decision relating to this matter.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE