(Stittsville Goulbourn Horticultural Society presentation to the 2020 photo contest winner (Kathy Luneau) were: Penny Horeczy, Judith Cox, Kathy Lunau, and John Brummel (contest judge). Photo: Stittsville Central)
The Stittsville Goulbourn Horticultural Society (SGHS) is holding its annual photo competition. The deadline to submit entries is quickly approaching – February 1, 2021. This year, there are seven classes in which to submit your photos which must have been taken between 2018 and 2021.
Submissions will be accepted from members of the Society, but if you are not, there is still time to join. Annual membership fees are reasonable at $15 for single and $25 for a family. You can join by sending an email to email@example.com.
Photographs will be judged independently and should meet the qualifications of horticultural and photographic value, appearance and impact. The seven classes under which photos will be judged are:
- flowering or climbing vines and flowers;
- a favourite perennial from your own backyard;
- garden art;
- waterfalls or fountains in a garden setting;
- a close-up of tree blossoms;
- fall colours of a single leaf or branch; and,
- new this year – a pandemic plant wearing a face mask (or whatever your interpretation happens to be!).
The winning photos will be presented at the February 16, 2021 virtual meeting of the SGHS.
For full information on the 2021 Photo Competition visit the website.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE