“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” — Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
With being stuck at home, I’m sure many people are feeling anxious being cooped up. So for those of you that are looking for fun and different things to do at this time, here is a list of activities:
- Get out and enjoy the Cooper family light show at 2 Ameythst Crescent here in Stittsville that runs nightly from 7:30 to 9:00 pm.
- Organize and de-clutter. By clearing out items you no longer want or need, you can feel refreshed with your newly organized space.
- Style your bookshelf. You can arrange your books alphabetically, by color, genre or by author.
- Host a virtual game night using games you have around the house.
- Exercise or take online workout classes.
- Learn a new language.
- Learn to knit.
- Learn to cook.
- Facetime with family and friends.
- Write a letter to a loved one.
- Explore museums.
- Play hide and seek.
- Donate to a charity.
- Camp in the living room.
- Start a scrapbook.
- Complete a puzzle.
- Take a note from Disney’s Tangled and learn to do any of the activities she mentions like candle – making, pottery, baking, and painting to name a few.
- Listen to new artists on Spotify.
- Watch funny Youtube videos.
- Learn origami.
- Have an indoor picnic.
- Have a movie marathon.
- Go on a virtual field trip. Links can be found here: https://artsandculture.google.com/partner?hl=en; and you can learn more about geoscience at — https://www.geoscienceinfo.com/virtual-field-trips.html.
- Take virtual classes in a variety of topics like language, art and exercise. Language courses can be found here: https://www.duolingo.com/, art classes can be found here: https://thevirtualinstructor.com/ and exercise classes can be found here: https://www.goodlifefitness.com/fitness-classes/virtual.
- Listen to an audiobook. Great free selections can be found in a variety of genres here: https://www.audible.ca/?.
- Watch wildlife online with these links: https://www.facebook.com/assiniboineparkzoo/, https://www.calgaryzoo.com/visit/animals/giant-pandas#species-tabs, https://www.vanaqua.org/visit/live-cams-penguin, https://canadianpolarbearhabitat.com/watch/.
These are just a few ideas. Some other things you can do include taking a walk, going out to take those nature photographs, keeping in touch with friends and family.
In times like these, we must remember that family and friends are one of the most important things in life. However, we must stay home so that everyone can stay safe. Stay healthy, stay busy and stay connected through phone calls, video chats and email.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE