Councillor Shad Qadri provided an update in his weekly newsletter about a proposed development in the Stittsville South area:
This property is located at the most southerly extent of Stittsville, to the east of Stittsville Main Street and south of Fernbank Road. The lands are municipally known as 1845, 1877, 1883 and 1921 Stittsville Main Street, Part of 6070 Fernbank Road, Part of 5993 Flewellyn Road, and one additional unaddressed contiguous parcel. The site is the western portion of the lands within the Stittsville South Urban Expansion Area (Area 6). Surrounding the property, to the north is the Upcountry/West Wind Farms subdivision, to the west across Stittsville Main Street is the Traditions/Harris Lands subdivision and to the south is the Woodside Acres country estate.
The City’s Planning Department has received revisions from the applicant listed below:
- The 2nd submission shows a major change in stormwater solution, that a two pond system is proposed
- Two properties on Main Street are included as the developer recently obtained them
- The layout and location of park #2 have been changed
- Street Five is extended through without the funny kinking
- Due to the changes above, there are changes to the street pattern and lotting.
I have requested another public meeting be held on this development in the New Year to discuss the revised plan with residents.
If you have any questions or comments on this application please feel free to contact myself and the City Planner, Lily Xu at 613-580-2424 ext 27505 or Lily.Xu@ottawa.ca . For more information on this development I encourage you to by search the City’s development applications website at www.ottawa.ca/devapps .
For more information about the development plan, click here.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE