The Spring 2021 recreation and culture City eGuides are now online offering COVID-modified aquatics, inclusive recreation programming and virtual courses for every interest and age. Aquatics registration is Monday, March 22 at 9 pm and registration for inclusive recreation and virtual programming is on Tuesday, March 23 at 9 pm.
Aquatics programming – registration on Monday, March 22 at 9 pm
Low-ratio Aquatics is one of the in-person COVID-modified programming options offered this spring in both English and French:
- Learn to Swim
- Leadership and life-saving certifications
- Private lessons
- Inclusive recreation swim lessons
- Power Swim
- Aqua Fitness
To support physical distancing, it is important to note a parent or guardian is required to accompany younger children in the pool during instruction.
City in-person programs and facilities have COVID-19 measures and protocols in place for staff and participant safety. All programs will operate at reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing.
Virtual programming – registration on Tuesday, March 23 at 9 pm
In the comfort and convenience of home, spring onto your computer device to learn to strum a new note, heighten your palate to find a good merlot or chardonnay, cook a taste of Tuscany, discover your artistic side, or get your heart pumping. Courses, offered in French and English, include:
- Fitness – yoga, prenatal yoga, Zumba, older adult exercise, cardio workouts, and martial arts
- Culinary specialties – Taste of the World cooking and wine tasting
- Arts – crafts, painting, cartooning and animation
- Language lessons – Spanish and French
- Dance – hip hop, contemporary, jazz, belly dancing and ballet
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics LEGO® – junior introduction to robotics, engineering and electronics
- Music – guitar, ukulele
Registration is easy. Explore the eGuides – select the program that interests you – follow the simple steps below:
- Go to ottawa.ca/recreation or ottawa.ca/virtualprograms and click on the guides.
- Click the relevant barcode – it will take you to join.ottawa.ca and the course page, with details about the number of spaces available, fees and dates.
- Add the class to your cart and then proceed through the checkout. We’ll email you your receipt.
Follow Ottawa Recreation, Culture and Facilities on Facebook page for all the latest news and information on our recreation and arts programs, activities and events.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE