As this weekend is Easter long weekend, here are the hours for some of Stittsville’s local businesses and the City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of some schedule changes.
Local Stittsville Businesses:
- Ivan’s European Deli will be closed Friday and Sunday, but opened for regular hours Saturday and Monday.
- Kodiak: Snowblowing & Lawncare Inc. will be closed from Friday to Monday.
- Re-Read Used Books will be closed Friday and Sunday, however, they will be open for their regular hours Saturday and Monday. With their Hope for Orphans Congo Fundraiser on Monday.
- Bradley’s Insurance will be closed Friday, but will be open Monday with their regular hours.
- Murray Heating and Cooling Inc. will be closed from Friday to Monday.
- Hein and Associates Accounting will be closed Friday, but will be open Monday morning.
- Stittsville Glass and Signs Company will be closed Friday and Sunday, but will be open Saturday and Monday.
- The Covered Bridge Brewery Company will be closed Friday and Sunday, but will be open Saturday.
- Embellish Hair Stittsville will be closed Friday, but will be open on Saturday.
- Mainstreet Café will be open over the weekend with slightly different hours for the holidays. Check out their Facebook page for full details.
- Stittsville IDA Pharmacy will be opened throughout the long weekend, with their regular hours on Saturday and Monday and their holiday hours (10am to 5pm) on Friday and Sunday.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven client service centres, located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, and the City’s Provincial Offences Courts will be closed on Friday (April 19th) and Monday (April 22).
- However, The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for any urgent matters requiring immediate attention — those in need of a client service representative are asked to call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400.
Compost, Recycling, and Garbage Collection:
- There will be no curbside collection on Friday and Monday. The collection for Friday will be moved to Saturday, and Monday’s collection will be collected within the rest of the week.
- Multi-unit residences will have their garbage collected on their regularly scheduled days. Their recycling and compost collection will be delayed by one day.
- The Trail Road Landfill will be closed on Friday and Monday.
- OC Transpo will be operating on a Sunday schedule for Friday, and a revised weekday schedule for Monday. Residents can find the Easter holiday schedules at octranspo.com. Residents can also get real-time schedules 24 hours a day by calling 613-560-1000 or texting 560560 with the four-digit bus stop number.
- Those traveling in a family or group of six people, with a max of two people aged 13 or older, can purchase the Family DayPass. The pass covers the group all day and costs $10.50. The pass can be purchased from a bus operator when boarding or a ticket machine at any O-Train Line 2 station.
- The Rideau Centre OC Transpo Customer Service Center will be closed on Friday and Sunday but will be open on Monday from 8:30am to 9pm. Customer service centres at Lincoln Fields, Place d’Orléans, and St-Laurent stations will be closed on Friday and Monday.
- OC Transpo Transit Information will be open on Friday from 8am to 9pm and on Monday from 7am to 9pm.
- STO users can plan their trip using Plani-bus.
- Para Transpo is operating a holiday service on Friday and Monday. Their regular scheduled trips will be cancelled. Passengers may start booking trips one week before the holiday by calling 613-244-7272.
- Para Transpo will be running regularly on Sunday. However, customers are reminded to suspend regular bookings if they will be on vacation during the holiday.
- Para Transpo’s taxi coupon booking line (613-842-3670) will be closed on Friday and Monday. The line for reservations and cancellations (613-244-7272) will be open for their regular hours.
- OC Transpo Customer Relations (613-842-3600) will be closed on Friday and Monday.
- Pools, arenas, and fitness centres (this includes swimming, fitness, and skating facilities) will be operating on modified schedules. Please check ottawa.ca for schedules.
- Most registered programs at community centres, arenas, and swimming pools will be cancelled. Clients should check with their facilities to confirm, as some exceptions apply.
Ottawa Public Health:
- The Sexual Health Clinic, satellite clinics, Dental Clinics, Parenting in Ottawa Drop-ins, and Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed on Friday and Monday.
- The Site program office will be opening as usual from 9am to 9pm. The Site mobile van will operate on a regular schedule from 5pm to 11:30pm.
- The Karsh-Masson Gallery, Ottawa Sports Hall of Frame, and Barbara Ann Scott Gallery at City Hall will be operating on a regular schedule. The City Hall Art Gallery is closed for installation.
- All other City arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed Friday and Monday.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed from Friday to Monday.
Municipal child-care services:
- All municipal child-care centres will be closed Friday and Monday.
- All branches of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed Friday, Sunday, and Monday.