Ottawa Public Library (OPL), in partnership with MASC (Multicultural Arts for Schools and Communities), is pleased to invite you to the Rural Roadtrip Concert Series taking place this spring and summer.
The 10-week series of virtual concerts will feature MASC artists from across the city of Ottawa to perform a wide variety of acts including dancing, singing, and storytelling to name a few. The Rural Road Trip concerts will take place Wednesday evenings at 7:00 pm on OPL’s Facebook page.
In addition to dynamic concerts, OPL staff from rural branches will be hosting the series and connecting the audience with each performer through a Q&A session after the concert.
Mark your calendar! You can experience the live performances of 30 to 45 minutes in length starting this week. Check out the fantastic line-up:
- April 21 – Celtic Rathskallions Sing-Along
- May 5 – Junkyard Symphony (in French)
- May 19 – Stories Told: Celebrating Canadian Folk with Kathryn Patricia
- June 2 – Indigenous Hoop Dancing with Rhonda Doxtator
- June 9 – Historical Theatre on Black Leaders with Leslie McCurdy
- June 16 – Indigenous Experiences
- June 30 – Living the Song Brings Hope with Afternoon at the Opera
- July 7 – Colores Andinos (in French)
- July 14 – Propeller Dance
- July 21 – French Canadian Folklore with Louis Mercier (in French)
We look forward to seeing you there! For more information on this program, visit BiblioOttawaLibrary.ca.