The provincial Stay-at-Home order remains in effect on Family Day. The City of Ottawa reminds residents of the following schedule changes for Family Day on Monday, February 15 and some during the week.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside or multi-residential green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Family Day. The pick-up will take place on Tuesday, February 16. In addition, the collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day. Multi-residential recycling container and green bin collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open from 9 am to 5 pm.
Transit Service – OC Transpo
- No special service will be operated for Winterlude, due to the pandemic. Visit the Government of Canada’s website for more information about virtual Winterlude events taking place this year.
- OC Transpo buses will operate on a reduced weekday schedule. O-Train Line 1 and Line 2 buses will run on a normal weekday schedule.
- All OC Transpo Customer Service Centres remain closed at this time.
- You can buy or load a Presto card:
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 am to 9 pm.
- Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) customers can plan their trips using Plani-bus.
- For more information on Family Day service, visit octranspo.com. You can also call 613-741-4390.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regular scheduled trips will be automatically cancelled. Customers can book trips for Family Day starting on Monday, February 8 by calling 613-244-7272 or using the online reservation form.
- Para Transpo operations:
- Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) will remain open.
- The reservations line (613-244-7272) will be open from 7 am to 5 pm
- The trip cancellation and general inquiries line (613-244-4636) will be open from 6 am to midnight.
- All indoor pools and fitness centres remain closed.
- The Mayor’s annual skating party at Marion Dewar Plaza at City Hall has been cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Visit ottawa.ca/snowmuchfun for plenty of free and safe activities to allow you to get out with your household for some fresh air and a change of scenery.
Ottawa Public Health
Visit the OPH COVID-19 Testing Information page for hours of operation and to book appointments at assessment centres and care clinics in Ottawa.
- The Moodie Care and Testing Centre: open 8 am to 3:30 pm
- The Heron Care and Testing Centre: open 8 am to 4:30 pm
- The Brewer Assessment Centre: open 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
- The CHEO Assessment Centre and Kids Come First Care Clinic at Brewer: open 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
- COVID-19 Drive-thru Assessment Centre at City Hall/NAC: open 10 am to 6 pm
- The Ray Friel Care and Testing Centre: open 8 am to 4:30 pm
- The Centretown, Sandy Hill, and Somerset West Community Health Centres and the pop-up testing site at the Vanier Community Service Centre will be closed.
- The Ottawa Public Library will be closed.
- Visit the OPL website for further information and to access library services online.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE