Fire department responds to gas leak at Canadian Tire Centre

A natural gas leak at Canadian Tire Centre on Sunday morning delayed the start of a Disney On Ice show.

Ottawa Fire say they responded to a call at 8:17am about an odour at the arena, and treated it as a hazardous materials cal: “Upon arrival, fire fighters were unable to locate the source or determine the substance and called for a HazMat response. Crews remain on scene trying to determine the cause. No injuries have been reported.”

The building was evacuated while the smell was investigated. That left a number of anxious parents and kids waiting in their cars in the parking lot, wondering if the 11:00am Disney On Ice show would go ahead.

https://twitter.com/jacquiewhillans/status/703970236282888192

 

Then just before 11:00am, Canadian Tire Centre confirmed that the show would go on, albeit 30 minutes later.

 


SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE

SHARE THIS


Leave a Reply