It’s that time of year again — time for some food trucks! The snow is finally starting to melt after a long winter and it’s a great time to get some fantastic food from the food trucks in our city. A few trucks have already opened up, but there are more to come.
Those that are opened are Bonita’s Cantina, Crave Tacos, and Crispy Spring Roll.
- You can find Bonita’s Cantina food truck in the parking lot of Stittsville Home Hardware on Hazeldean Road. If you are looking for fresh Mexican food for lunch or dinner, Bonita’s Cantina is for you. They sell taco salads, chimichangas, and so much more.
- If you are looking for a variety of tacos, come to Crave Tacos. They are parked in between the Ultramar and Canada Post on Main Sreet. They’ve got all sorts of tacos, from pulled pork mole to zesty shrimp and more. They are open for lunch and dinner, and not just for Tuesdays.
- Crispy Spring Roll Food Truck is Asian food on wheels, with a few usual fast food meals. They sell poutine, hot dogs, and hamburgers, and then shrimp pad thai, spring rolls, and pork vermicelli, and many more dishes. They are found just to the left of the TD Bank on Main Street, across from Scotiabank.
The food trucks that are not opened yet, but are sure to come are Little Red Shack BBQ, Pong’s Poutine, and Thailicious.
- Little Red Shack BBQ sells authentic pit barbecue, they cook everything slowly to give it the delicious smoky flavour. They have several types of meats, like pulled pork and bacon wrapped sausages, that are accompanied with sides, like mac n’ cheese and cornbread. Last year, they were last seen at Carp and Rothbourne Road, near Kodiak Snowblowing & Lawncare Inc. — but let’s see where they’ll be this year.
- Pong’s Poutine is a food truck in the parking lot of Ritchie Feed & Seed Inc. Garden Center on Carp Road. They sell burgers, hot dogs, fries, and of course poutine, with a few more options. Let’s hope that Pong thaws out soon, cause it’s officially spring and the food looks good.
- Thailicious Food Truck sells authentic Thai food in the parking lot of the plaza with Stittsville Childcare Centre and Re-Read Used books. You can find crispylicious rolls to yellow curry and much more. If you’re in the mood for Thai, you can head to Thailicious for your summer lunch.
- Main Street Oasis sells Canadiana street food. People rave about their roast beef sandwich, lobster mac n cheese, and sweet potato fries. When they open, you’ll be able to find them in the same parking lot as Crispy Spring Roll — beside TD Bank and across from Scotiabank.
We’ll keep you posted on any new trucks coming our way. Now I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for all of them to open.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE