(From the City of Ottawa)
The City of Ottawa reminds residents of the following schedule changes for Labour Day, Monday, September 7.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, September 8.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, September 8.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection on Labour Day. Labour Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, September 8. In addition, the collection of green bin, recycling materials and garbage will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. For curbside collection enquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- There will be no multi-residential bulky items, green bin and recycling container collection on Labour Day.Labour Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, September 8 . Recycling container and green bin collection will also be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. However, multi-residential garbage container collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of September 7.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be closed.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
- OC Transpo will operate a Sunday schedule and the $8.30 DayPass will be valid as a Family DayPass.
- New fall service goes into effect on Sunday, September 6. Residents are also reminded that the Transitway between Hurdman and Blair is closed to allow for O-Train Confederation Line construction. All stations except for Cyrville remain open to customers. New timetables are available at octranspo.com and octranspo.mobi.Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for real-time schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
- OC Transpo Sales and Information Centres will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Lincoln Fields, Place d’Orléans and St. Laurent, and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Rideau Centre.
- The OC Transpo Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Customer Relations Office (613-842-3600) will be closed.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service on September 7. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled. Customers may book trips for Labour Day on or after August 31 by calling 613-244-7272.
- Para Transpo operations:
o Customer service (613-842-3681) – closed
o Administration (613-244-1289) – closed
o Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – closed
o Reservations line (613-244-7272) – open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Some indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming and fitness classes with modified schedules. Please check with ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health:
- The latest Food Premises and Personal Service Settings (tattoo and body piercing studios, hairdressing and barbershops, nail salons, electrolysis and various other services) public health inspection reports are available online 24/7.
- Site program – Site office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed; however, the site mobile van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Line will be closed; however, you can call and leave a message and inquiries will be responded to within one business day. You can also connect with us online for the latest health information on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and OttawaPublicHealth.ca.
- City of Ottawa Archives, arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed; however, clients should check ottawa.ca or their facility to confirm, as some exceptions may apply.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed.
Municipal child care services:
- City-operated Child Care Centres will be closed.
Ottawa Public Library:
All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, September 8.