How to donate for tornado relief in Dunrobin, elsewhere

A lot of people are asking how they can help our neighbours in Dunrobin, and elsewhere in the region, who were affected by Friday’s storm.

  • The Canadian Red Cross is accepting financial donations by phone, 1-800-418-1111, or at local Red Cross offices.
  • There’s a Facebook page for coordinating donations/assistance for Dunrobin residents.
  • The Salvation Army is accepting donations of clothes, furniture or household items. Donations can be made at Sally Anne thrift stores. Pickups can be arranged for large items by phone, 613-247-1435 ext. 228.
  • Kanata MPP Merrilee Fullerton’s constituency office, 100-240 Michael Cowpland Dr. Kanata, is accepting clothing donations and supplies. (Fullerton’s office says they are no longer accepting donations.)
  • The Stittsville Food Bank, 1631 Stittsville Main St. is accepting food donations on Monday from 3-5 p.m. For accomodation outside these hours, email
  • The Ottawa Senators have started an online fundraiser.

1 thought on “How to donate for tornado relief in Dunrobin, elsewhere”

  1. The best way to ensure your donations will be given directly to families in the Dunrobin area is to direct them to the fund managed by West Carleton Disaster Relief –
    This is a volunteer Board made up of reps from 5 Community Associations in West Carleton. 100% of funds raised are being directed to families in need of support. In addition, regular public meetings are held, volunteers are organized and services are being advocated with various governments, businesses and charitable organizations.

Leave a Reply