(Stittsville Rte 263 at the MacKenzie King Bridge headed west. Photo: Flickr)
Bus service issues have been ongoing and well-voiced in Stittsville over many months. After much pushing and communications with OC Transpo, Councillor Glen Gower recently reported that bus service improvements are coming to Stittsville to begin in January 2020.
In his message the Councillor stated, “We’ve heard from many riders with suggestions and feedback and I’m glad to see several specific route additions to address those concerns, including new trips in the afternoon from Tunney’s. The new trips and schedules listed below come into effect on January 5-6.
Clearly we have more work to come to improve service, and I will continue to work with residents and OC Transpo to improve service for Stittsville. OC Transpo management has committed to me that they will continue to work next year on transit priorities for Stittsville including:
- improved service from the Blackstone area
- adding trips on Routes 261 and 263
- improving weekend service to the Hazeldean and Iber employment areas
- extending Route 261 into the Potter’s Key neighbourhood
- modifying Route 262 to operate via Hartsmere”
Some of the additional changes coming and those already in place —
- Route 61 will see an additional five new afternoon trips heading westbound
- Route 62 had an additional eastbound and westbound route added in November
- Route 261 saw an additional westbound route added in November
- Route 262 will have two new westbound routes added
- Routes 252, 263, 283 and 404 will receive improved reliability with time adjustments being made so buses can complete their trips.
For more detailed information on the schedules and to stay informed about Ottawa issues and how they affect your community, sign-up for Councillor Gower’s newsletter at www.glengower.ca.
Stittsville transit users will be scrutinizing how the additional route changes are improving travel times. One thing is for certain, Councillor Gower will continue to work closely with OC Transpo to make the necessary adjustments to improve our bus service.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE