(Press release from Kanata Theatre.)
Shows from last year’s Kanata Theatre season have received important recognition by the Capital Critics Circle, a panel of Ottawa’s leading theatre reviewers.
Productions by Kanata’s community theatre company, now in its 47th Season, received six nominations for the prestigious CCC Awards.
Leading the pack for Kanata Theatre was last November’s Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with nominations for:
- Best Production by a community theatre company
- Best Director-Wendy Wagner
- Best Performance by a woman- Emily Walsh (who won the award last year for her performance in Kanata’s Agnes of God)
- Best Lighting and Set Design- Karl Wagner.
Other Kanata Theatre nominations were:
- Best Director-Barbara Kobolak for The Dining Room
- Best Performance by a woman- Kim Strauss for Eleanor of Aquitaine in The Lion in Winter.
The winners of the awards will be named on November 23rd at an awards ceremony in the Salon of the National Arts Centre.
Kanata Theatre performs in the Ron Maslin Playhouse, 1 Ron Maslin Way, Kanata. Its next production is Radium Girls by D.W. Gregory which runs Tuesdays to Saturdays November 3 to 14. For information call 613 831 4435 or visit kanatatheatre.com
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE