The Ottawa Public Library is offering multiple programs for teens aged 13 to 18 and for youth aged 4 to 12 during March Break week. So, take a deep breath, relax and let the kids unwind from schoolwork and let their imaginations run wild.
Programs for teens:
All the virtual programs are for teens ages 13 to18. Space is limited to allow for plenty of communication and interaction between the presenter and participants.
Running from Monday, March 14 through Friday, March 18, there’s fantastic programs each afternoon that will allow your creativity to shine:
- Monday, March 14, 4 pm to 5 pm: Street Dance Workshop with Emilie Phaneuf
- Tuesday, March 15, 3 pm to 4 pm – Digital Music Making with Bandlab
- Wednesday, March 16, 4 pm to 5 pm – From Tacos to Burritos to Bowls – Transform Budget-Friendly Ingredients, 3 Ways!
- Thursday, March 17, 3 pm to 4 pm – Virtual Sketching for Self-Care in English
- Friday, March 18, 3 pm to 4 pm – Virtual Sketching for Self-Care in French
You will need a valid OPL card. Also, to get your creative sap flowing anytime, check out Creative Bug and Toutapprendre online. In the same expressive groove, here are some book titles you are likely to enjoy.
Programs for youth:
This year’s March Break theme is “It’s a Great Big World!”. The Library is inviting children to join in for a March Break bursting with creativity where they can let their imagination run wild. The week will be filled with yoga and dance, arts and crafts, writing and reading, laughter, beautiful encounters, and magical moments. There will have live performances and workshops daily. There won’t be a dull moment!
Use your library card to register your kids for the many creative activities planned for March break. The fun awaits!
- Monday, March 14, at 10:30 am: Imagin’Action
- Tuesday, March 15, at 12 pm: Sketching for Self-Care for Children
- Tuesday, March 15, at 2 pm: Swordplay
- Wednesday, March 16, at 10:30: Ottawa Swordplay Show and Tell
- Wednesday, March 16, at 11 am: Dance with Luv2Groove
- Wednesday, March 16, at 2 pm: Yoga for Kids
- Thursday, March 17, at 2 pm: Dance with Luv2Groove
- Friday, March 18, at 10 am: Learn Bandlab
- Friday, March 18, at 2 pm: Visions of Turtle Island: Tribal vision
Don’t forget to look at the Ottawa Public Library YouTube Channel where you will find STEM, crafts ideas and other activities developed by staff. You can find the complete list of March Break programs and special guests here.
For more information on these programs and to register, visit BiblioOttawaLibrary.ca.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE