The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Family Day, Monday, February 16.
- Sens Rink of Dreams, located on Marion Dewar Plaza at Ottawa City Hall, is open daily from 6 a.m. to11 p.m. The heated changing facility is open daily from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Mayor Jim Watson invites residents to join him for the Mayor’s Annual Family Day Skating Party, complete with winter fun from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event will include special guests and free hot chocolate.
- Skating Court, located at Lansdowne Park, is open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., and the heated changing facility is open daily from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., weather permitting. Visit ottawa.ca to confirm if the facility is open.
- Most recreation facilities will be modifying their hours of operation on Monday, February 16. There may be changes to schedules and program cancellations in order to provide special programming. Additional swimming and skating sessions will be offered at many sites. Please check schedules atottawa.ca, or with the facility of your choice.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, February 17.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, February 17.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For individuals living with a hearing-related disability, call (TTY): 613-580-2401.
Garbage, green bin and recycling collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Monday, February 16. Family Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, February 17. In addition, the collection of green bin, garbage and recycling materials will be delayed by one day for the week of February 16. For curbside collection inquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- There will be no multi-residential bulky items, green bin and recycling container collection on Family Day. Family Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, February 17. Collection will also be delayed by one day for the week of February 17. However, multi-residential garbage container collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of February 16.
- The Trail Road landfill site will be closed.
- OC Transpo will operate a revised weekday schedule on Family Day with minor reductions. Special school trip routes numbered in the 600s and Routes 196 and 201 will not operate. A family may travel all day with a DayPass which can be purchased for $8.10 from the bus operator when you board. A family includes up to six people with a maximum of two individuals aged 13 or older. Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390, or visit octranspo.com.
- OC Transpo Sales and Information Centres will be open from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m., except the Rideau Centre office, which will be open from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Telephone Information Centre (613‑741‑4390) will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Customer Relations Department (613-842-3600) will be open from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Para Transpo operations:
o Customer service (613-842-3681) – open regular hours
o Administration (613-244-1289) – open regular hours
o Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – open regular hours
o Reservations (613-244-7272) – open regular hours
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
Ottawa Public Health:
- The latest Food Premises and Personal Service Settings (tattoo and body piercing studios, hairdressing and barbershops, nail salons, electrolysis and various other services) public health inspection reports are available online 24/7.
- SITE program – SITE office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed; however, the SITE Mobile Vanwill be operating on a regular schedule from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Line (OPHIL) will be closed; however, you can call and leave a message and inquiries will be responded to within one business day. You can also connect with us online for the latest health information on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest andOttawaPublicHealth.ca.
- Shenkman Arts Centre, Barbara Ann Scott Gallery, Karsh Masson Gallery and OAG Annex at City Hall are open for Family Day events.
- City of Ottawa Archives, arts centres, galleries, theatres, Cumberland Heritage Village Museum, Pinhey’s Point Historic Site, Nepean Museum and Billings Estate National Historic Site will be closed. However, clients should check with ottawa.caor their facility to confirm holiday hours, as some exceptions may apply.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed on Saturday, February 14 and Monday, February 16 for the Family Day weekend.
Municipal child care services:
- City-operated Child Care Centres will be closed.
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed. Regular hours will resume Tuesday, February 17.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE