(via OC Transpo)
Effective Sunday, September 6, new fall schedules go into effect on most routes and some routing changes will be implemented.
In the Stittsville area Route 196 service to Tanger Outlets will be replaced by Route 92.
Other service highlights include:
- Route 71 will travel northbound on Stoneway Drive in the morning, instead of southbound, to reduce delays.
- Route 116 will have new peak-period service between Lincoln Fields Station and Merivale Road at Slack Road to better serve Transport Canada employees on Cleopatra Drive.
- Route 121 trips that currently start or end on Star Top Road at Innes Road will be extended to Labrie Avenue at Cyrville Road for improved service to the community.
- Route 129 will be extended to Carleton University during peak periods to improve connections for east-end students.
- Route 155 will have new peak-period service between Bayshore Station and Queensview Drive.
- Route 164 will have new peak-period service between LeBreton Station and Eagleson Road at Stonehaven Drive.
- Route 177 northbound morning trips will become Route 95 trips at Barrhaven Centre, which will reduce transfers for customers.
- Route 199 will be rerouted via Hunt Club Road to Merivale Road, instead of Prince of Wales Drive, to improve service for Transport Canada employees on Cleopatra Drive.
- Route 204 will be revised to travel via Stagecoach Road, Mitch Owens Road and Old Prescott Road to Apple Orchard Road to bring service closer to residents.
- Special summer-weekends-only service will be suspended after Labour Day on Route 185 to the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum and Experimental Farm, on Route 129 to the Canada Aviation and Space Museum, and on Route 198 to Petrie Island.
On Track 2018 – Hurdman Station under construction
On September 6, the Hurdman Station platform will move just east of its current location. The temporary platform will feature spacious bus shelters, six bus stops, emergency phones and new lighting. Customers can find out where their bus will stop by checking the large posters at the new station or by visitingoctranspo.com.
Customers are also reminded that, in June, bus routes were adjusted between Blair and Campus Stations when part of the Transitway closed. For more information, visit ontrack2018.ca.
Starting this fall, the U-Pass will be available to full-time students attending Algonquin College and to full-time students from Gatineau who attend participating U-Pass institutions. Students can get their new 2015-16
U-Pass on campus at Carleton University, Saint Paul University, the University of Ottawa and Algonquin College.
Eligible elementary and secondary students will receive their student pass at school. All other full-time students ages 13 to19 can get a student discount set on their PRESTO card at an OC Transpo Sales and Information Centre with proof of eligibility. Service to French language schools started Tuesday, September 1, while service to English schools will start Tuesday, September 8, to coincide with school schedules. Check octranspo.com for details about eligibility, school route changes and schedules.
On Monday, September 7, OC Transpo will operate on a Sunday schedule, so only those routes that normally run on Sunday will be in service. The DayPass will be valid as a family pass on Labour Day. A family of up to six people, with a maximum of two 13 years or older, can ride all day with one $8.30 DayPass. Holiday schedules are available at octranspo.com. OC Transpo Sales and Information Centres and the Transit Information Call Centre will be open.
Para Transpo will operate a holiday service on Labour Day. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled. Customers may book trips for Labour Day by calling 613-244-7272 on, or after, August 31.
Real-time schedule information is available 24 hours a day, up to six days in advance, by calling 613-560-1000 or texting 560560 plus the four‑digit bus stop number. For more details, travel planning assistance and new timetables, customers should call OC Transpo at 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE