(via OC Transpo)
Campus Station will close Sunday, April 24 to make way for construction of the O-Train Confederation Line coming in 2018. At the same time, OC Transpo will make spring schedule and routing adjustments. The Rack & Roll program also returns with bike racks reinstalled on more than 450 buses.
Campus Station and Transitway closure:
With the closure of Campus Station and a section of the Transitway, routing adjustments will be required, travel times and transfer points may change, and service at Lees Station will be modified.
- A section of the Transitway will close from Laurier Avenue to Lees Station, along with the adjacent sidewalk.
- Most bus routes will travel via Nicholas Street and Laurier Station, bypassing Campus and Lees stations.
- Routes 95 and 98 will be modified to travel via King Edward and Laurier Avenue, plus Route 97 after 10 p.m.
- uOttawa main campus will be served at Laurier Station and on King Edward and Laurier Avenues.
- West-end afternoon peak period service will start at Mackenzie King Station instead of Campus Station.
- Lees Station will remain open on the upper level, but service will be modified.
Spring service adjustments:
- On a number of routes, the first and/or last weekday trips will be cancelled due to low ridership. Customers who travel at those times should check their schedule to see if their trip is affected.
- Spring seasonal reductions will be made to reflect the lower ridership levels.
- Route 9 will have a special school trip added, between Hurdman Station and De la Salle on St. Patrick, as an alternative to Route 602.
- Route 116B will have several trips on Sundays adjusted slightly to better serve the Gurdwara Sahib Ottawa Sikh Society on Gurdwara Road and reduce walking distances for customers.
- Route 182 will be modified in Kanata North for improved service to businesses along Terry Fox Drive.
- Route 188 will be cancelled due to low ridership. Alternative service is available nearby on Routes 92 and 162. Park & Ride options are also available.
- Some school routes will have trips adjusted or cancelled to better match ridership levels. Visitoctranspo.com for details.
2015-16 U-Pass Expires April 30 and new Summer U-Pass starts May 1
Students at Algonquin College, Carleton University, the University of Ottawa and Saint Paul University are reminded that their 2015-16 U‑Pass expires April 30, and will not be valid as a photo ID card during the summer. From May through August, eligible students in full-time studies can get a new Summer U-Pass. Students taking a break from studies can get a Presto card ($6 plus minimum $10 load), which can be set up to pay-per-ride or to hold a monthly pass.
Real-time schedule information is available 24 hours a day, up to six days in advance, by calling 613-560-1000or texting 560560 plus the four‑digit bus stop number. Register for alerts at octranspo.com to receive news or route-specific changes or detours by e-mail or text. Standard rates apply to SMS messages. New printed timetables are now available. For more details and travel planning assistance, customers should call OC Transpo at 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE