Unless you work for the federal government, chances are you have the day off on Monday for Family Day. Most businesses and retail outlets are shut down. Here are a few places that we know are open in Stittsville:
- Quitters coffee shop is open 8am-7pm (Stittsville Main)
- Gaia Java is open.
- Re-Read Used Books is open 12pm-6pm (Stittsville Main)
- The IDA on Stittsville Main is open from 10am-5pm.
- There are special Family Day activities at the Goulbourn Recreation Complex from 11am-3pm. $10 per family, includes inflatable slides, obstacle course, bouncy castle, and access to the pool amenities, skating, cotton candy and much more. Special guest appearances by Spiderman and the Snow Queen at noon, followed by Batman and Cinderella at 1:00 p.m and more.
- There’s also a free family skate at the Bell Sensplex from 10am-12pm, hosted by MPP Jack Maclaren.
- The Crossing Bridge Residents Association (CBRA) is hosting a winter carnival from 10am-1pm at the A. Lorne Cassidy Rink. Pony rides, skating, facepainting, BBQ, more.
- Check out our sister site OttawaStart.com for a big list of what’s open & closed in Ottawa, and what’s on.
- If you’re a business owner and you’re open on Monday, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add you to this list.
Family Day schedule changes
- There’s no green bin, recycling, garbage collection on Monday, February 15. Family Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday. In addition, the collection of green bin, garbage and recycling materials will be delayed by one day for the week of February 15.
- OC Transpo will operate a revised weekday schedule with minor reductions.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply on Family Day.
- Here’s what’s open and closed for the City of Ottawa on Monday…