From the Goulbourn Township Historical Society collection, circa 1940: “Byron Boyd with a load of milk at Eagleson’s Corners, to meet a truck from Producers Dairy after a big snowstorm. In the summer the truck came to the house.”
Eagleson’s Corners is now the intersection of Eagleson and Hazeldean. Byron Boyd lived on a farm at 173 Huntmar Drive. (The old stone farmhouse he lives is still standing.) He was born around 1890, married Gertie McKay from Eagleson’s Corners in 1912, and died around 1954.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE