Here’s a list of Christmas tree farms that are within about a 30 minute drive from Stittsville. Send your suggestions for this list to email@example.com
- Fallowfield Tree Farm (Stittsville)
Pre-cut as well as “live” Christmas trees, just south of Ottawa. They’re open from 9am-9pm every day until December 24. They also have special programming on weekends in December form 9am until dark including a complimentary tractor hay ride, sleigh rides pulled by two Clydesdales, Diamond & Chico, and hot chocolate with marshmallows around the bonfire.
- Hillcrest Tree Farm (off the 416 between North Gower & Kemptville). They grow a variety of trees including Balsam Fir, Colorado Blue Spruce, White Spruce, Norway Spruce, and White Pine.
- Ian’s Christmas Adventure Park & Tree Farm (Beckwith)
A popular spot for families including reindeer, wagon rides, Claus’ Country Cabin, hiking trails, and hot chocolate around the campfire.
- Laird’s U-Cut Tree Farm (Manotick)
- King’s Creek Trees (Carp)
- Macgowan’s Christmas Tree Farm (Kinburn)
Besides finding a tree, you can also take a wagon ride along the farm, or enjoy hot chocolate while sitting at the bonfire. You’ll also find unique handmade wreaths and ornaments in the barn.
- Thomas Tree Farm (near North Gower)
Set on a 50-acre farm south of Ottawa, activities in the weekend include tractor-drawn hay rides and a horse-drawn sleigh.
Photographer Barry Gray visited Thomas Tree Farm near North Gower on a very busy weekend. The owners estimate about 600 people visited on Sunday alone.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE