This year’s annual 9 Run Run, Ottawa’s Emergency Services Run, takes place on Saturday, October 17. Here’s a list of planned road closures.
These times are approximate and the may change without notice.
- As this is a timed event, roads will be closed while the participants are on course .
- Abbott Street West will close at 7:00 am to allow the race organizers time to set up the structure for the start/finish line
- The remaining road closures will commence just prior to the start of the event at 8:45am, and will re-open once the last runner has passed each location
- 7:00am to 1:00pm Abbott Street West – both directions will be closed from Stittsville Main Street to Westridge Dr
- 8:45am to 09:30am Stittsville Main Street – both directions from Abbott St to Fernbank Rd will be closed for the start of the 10K and Half Marathon races. The roadway will re-open once the last Half Marathon runner has passed by Fernbank Rd.
- 8:45am – 9:30am Closure of 10 K route (Stittsville Main, Elm, Cypress Gardens, Elm, Bell, Westridge from Bell to Abbott)
- 8:45am to 9:45am Stittsville Main to Flewellyn – southbound lane closed till last half marathoner passes Flewellyn
- 8:55am to 09:30am Westridge Rd – northbound will be closed from Bell Stto Abbott St The road will reopen once the last 10k runner has passed and is on the trail
- 9:15am to 11:15am Flewellyn Rd – westbound only, will be closed from Main Street to Munster Rd. It will be re-opened once the last runner has turned onto Munster Rd.
- 9:30am to 11:15am Munster Rd – northbound lane only, will be closed from Flewellyn Rd to Fernbank Rd. It will be re-opened once the last runner has turned onto Fernbank Rd
- 9:30am to 11:30am Fernbank Rd -eastbound will be closed from Munster Rd to Jinkinson Rd. It will be re-opened once the last runner has turned onto Jinkinson Rd
- 9:30am to 12:00pm Jinkinson Rd -both directions will be closed from Fernbank Rd to a location north of the Trans Canada Trail (passed the turn around point) It will re-open once the last runner is on the Trans Canada Trail.
Also a heads up: run participants tend to use the parking lot at Goulbourn Recreation Centre during the morning of the run, so if you have swimming lessons, hockey or another activity on Saturday morning you should give yourself some extra time to get there.