The Stittsville Goulbourn Horticultural Society is running their annual photo contest again this year.
- Photos will be accepted in original (CAMERA) .jpg or print format. Photo prints can be dropped off at the Stittsville, Richmond or Munster public libraries. Digital photos can be e-mailed to email@example.com. One e-mail entry clearly named and numbered with photo attachment per class. Please provide a self-addressed envelope (if you want to submit off line) your disc, memory stick or pictures to be returned.
- Memberships for new entries must be purchased before the deadline of 15 February 2015. Memberships must be in good standing for entry and include all rights and privilege for individual fee of $15.00 or $25.00 per family. Can be included with photo submission.
- We reserve the right to show entered images at our meetings, in our newsletters or on display in the Goulbourn Recreational Centre Trophy Case or at other public events. Used for the promotion of the Society only.
- Entries will be judged by an independent judge according to 40% horticultural value, 40% photographic value, and 20% impact and appearance.
- One entry per image.
- Colour and balance can be enhanced, removal or addition of images into a photo results in disqualification.
- The Judge’s decision is final.
- “Greenhouse Delights” –A plant guide to pre-season seedlings or extended season growth.
- “Garden Proud: A look at my garden” – Selfies accepted.
- “Faded Blooms” – Twisted petals, twigs, wilted or dried flowers from back, front or side view. Macros accepted.
- “Creations Constructed” – Flower or other seasonal arrangements.
- “Pollinators” – Bees our endangered friends busy at work.
- “Panorama” – A panoramic view of a field of any season in the Ottawa Valley.
- “Oh My Gourd!” – Jack O Lanterns, bumpy, knotted gourds of any size or colour.
- “Autumn Joy” – The best of a fall harvest….veggies.
- “Waves of Green” – Leaves of curly, round, light green, dark green stripes, dots on any plant, tree or bush.
- “Winter Scene” – Your best snow or ice covered plant, tree, leaf or bush in snow.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE