“I know I could not be happier to return to Stittsville branch and provide support and library services right in our neighbourhood. During our closure, our work team has kept in touch and shared news about how we’re all doing and how our customers are doing. Being away from our regulars and the public has been incredibly difficult, at the end of the day we love our work because of you” said Gillian Johnston, Stittsville Library Supervisor, on the recent announcement that the Stittsville branch will be reopening.
The news for Stittsville branch follows what already exists at the six Contactless Service locations that are operating with modified services and hours. Here is what the Stittsville community can expect when the branch reopens for Returns and Holds Pickup on Monday, July 13, 2020. Note that this timeline is subject to change according to Gillian.
- Ability to drop off Returns during the modified public hours. Book drops remain closed.
- Ability to checkout Holds ready for pickup or schedule a pickup appointment during the modified public hours.
The official opening hours for the Stittsville Library are being modified and not yet defined, but the community can expect something that includes weekdays with morning and afternoon hours; weekdays with afternoon and evening hours; and, Saturday hours.
Stittsville residents will be delighted to see the Library once again be open and be able to welcome our outstanding library staff back!
Library clients can also learn more with the new Ottawa Public Library (OPL) sessions, entitled Library 1:1, available for individualized assistance from the librarians or information experts. The sessions are available by phone or through internet chat and will help clients to navigate through the resources and vast collections available at the OPL.
- Computer tutorial: Lean computer, Internet, and email basics
- Ebook/Audiobook tutorial: Learn how to borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Bibliocommons tutorial: Learn how to use the OPL catalogue
- Readers Advisory: Get some great book suggestions
- Research: Get assistance with your research
- Online Resources: Discover and explore any of OPL’s online databases
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE