Canada Day 2020 is just around the corner and the Stittsville Village Association (SVA) has always brought the Stittsville community an exciting day. This year, in light of current circumstances, the SVA and Board Member Mandy Hambly are taking a new approach to celebrate and want to repeat the memories of Canada Day past — they are bringing the celebration to your doorstep, virtually, with your input!
The SVA has been busy working to put together an exciting contest to celebrate, show Stittsville’s pride and spirit, with prizes to be won. The community is asked to join in to craft more memories — decorate your porch with the finest display of Canada’s memorabilia, from the past or present, take a photo or two then submit them to the SVA Facebook events page here. It is that easy and a prize could be coming your porch!
The SVA wants to showcase our participation and the many patriotic porch displays in Stittsville. To thank you local businesses have donated prizes.
Own a Stittsville business and want to get involved? It is not too late to donate a prize — the SVA would love to hear from you.
Just some of the donated prizes to be won —
- San José Mexican Foods have donated a dinner for two. https://www.facebook.com/sanjosemexicanfoods
- Benny&Co. Rotisserie have donated a $50.00 gift card to the celebration and contest. https://www.benny-co.com/en/rotisseries/stittsville
- Hambly Fitpix have donated a family photo shoot. https://www.facebook.com/hamblyfitpix/
- Purely Natural have donated a basket full of handcrafted soaps, lip balms, body butter, sugar scrub, avocado hand cream and deodorant. All products are made in small batches, using natural ingredients. https://www.facebook.com/pg/purelynaturalON/
- Nancy Therrien a local AVON representative has donated a basketful of AVON products that you will enjoy. https://www.facebook.com/nancy.therrien.9256
- Stittsville IDA Compounding Pharmacy has donated a basketful of various items that are sure to surprise. https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Pharmacy—Drugstore/Stittsville-IDA-Compounding-Pharmacy-1577587115609097/
Tanya Hein, President of the Stittsville Village Association, shares her community Canada Day message that she would have shared from the party stage. “Canada Day in Stittsville has always been about celebrating community as well as country — being outside, connecting with friends and neighbours, enjoying the contributions of local volunteers, businesses, and performers. We can’t gather in person with a stage and fireworks this year, but we still have so much to celebrate. Personally, between physical distancing efforts and seeing how residents have really stepped up to support each other throughout this situation, I am so proud of Stittsville and Canada. However you’re celebrating, have a safe and happy holiday.”
Let’s make this a community celebration to remember – get out there, decorate your porch, enter to win a prize and the SVA members will vote on the best adorned porches in Stittsville.
Find out if your Canada Day porch won a prize by visiting the SVA events page on July 1st. Photos will be shared on the SVA website and facebook pages so everyone can celebrate.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE