(Photo by Barry Gray.)
- DONATE FOOD
Fill the Bus, which is the 30th Annual Christmas Food Drive will take place on Saturday, December 5, between 9am-5pm at Brown’s Your Independent Grocers (Stittsville Main Street).
Starting November 14, you can purchase an item such as a turkey, bag of potatoes, carrots, etc by choosing one or more food trees off of the holiday food tree located at Brown’s. This allows you to donate perishables and non-perishables for the Christmas Hampers in an easy and fun way.
Food donations will still be accepted through collection bins and by appointment as well. Think variety, think nutrition and please check the expiry date. Small donations can be donated through various local drop-off points in Stittsville at the following locations:
- Stittsville Walmart, 5357 Fernbank Road;
- Food Basics, 5703 Hazeldean Road;
- Brown’s Independent Grocers, 1251 Stittsville Main Street;
- Sobey’s Stittsville Grocery Store, 6315 Hazeldean Road, off Carp Road;
- Giant Tiger, 6081 Hazeldean Road, Jackson Trails Mall;
- Goulbourn Recreation Complex, 1500 Shea Road; and
- Holy Spirit Catholic Church, 1489 Shea Road.
Larger Donations and perishable donations can be arranged through the food bank directly to ensure a volunteer is on site to receive your items. Appointments for donations can be made by either calling 613-831-0451 or emailing email@example.com.
2. DONATE A GIFT
You can choose a child off one of the Angel Trees located at Holy Spirit Catholic Church and St. Thomas Anglican Church.
Monetary donations are always helpful at Christmas time and all year through. They help purchase any perishable items that are not donated. If you are interested in making a monetary donation, they can always be made by mail, or by appointment. The address for mailed donations is: Stittsville Food Bank, PO Box 878, Stittsville, ON K2S 1B1. Appointments for donations can be made by either calling 613-831-0451 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. DONATE YOUR TIME!
- Decorate an empty hamper box. Wrap/decorate an empty box and drop it off either Sunday, November 29 or Sunday, December 13 between 10am-noon to the Stittsville Food Bank.
- For other ways to volunteer time, please contact the food bank by email at email@example.com. One of the volunteers will be happy to get back to you.