(via Ottawa Police Services)
EDITORS UPDATE: The press release from the Ottawa Police incorrectly stated that the location of this event was Stittsville. The actual location is Kanata North.
The Ottawa Police Service Drug Unit executed a search warrant at a home in the 400 block of Country Glen Way, on the morning of Dec 4th 2018, leading to the seizure of 2 loaded handguns, a quantity of cocaine and cash and the arrest of two men.
One man, 32 years old and one man, 28 years old both from Ottawa, are facing charges of:
* Possession of a loaded regulated firearm x2
* Store firearm carelessly x2
* Possession of a weapon dangerous to public peace x2
* Possession of a restricted firearm knowing not holding a license x2
* Unlicensed person to possess a restricted weapon x2
* Possession of a firearm obtained by crime x2
* Possession of property obtained by crime not exceeding $5000 x2
* Possession of a firearm with altered serial number
* Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking x2
* Possession of proceeds of crime under $5000
Items seized include:
* Hi Point CF .380 handgun (loaded)
* Browning 9mm handgun (loaded)
* 5 rounds of .380 ammunition
* Over 360 rounds of 9mm ammunition
* Crack cocaine
* Unknown powder (to be tested)
* 2017 Lexus IS 300 motor vehicle
* Canadian currency
* Money counting machine
Both men will be in show cause court today.
Anyone with information regarding drug complaints can report to the Ottawa Police Service at 613-236-1222, ext. 7300. Anonymous tips can be submitted by calling Crime Stoppers toll-free at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or by downloading the Ottawa Police app.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE