Are you tired of cooking the same thing over and over? Feeling unsatisfied with the leftovers in your fridge? Having one of those days when you don’t want to cook?
Never fear — here is the answer! Every now and then, my family and I like to skip the cooking and order takeout. So here is a compiled list of restaurants offering takeout during the COVID pandemic. Along with those named below, you can still receive take-out at A&W, MacDonald’s, Pizza Pizza and Tim Horton’s to name a few.
- ALE – Amberwood Lounge & Eatery: Are making meals to last beyond the day ordered. You can pick-up or have your orders delivered for free (within 5 km) on Thursdays or Sundays – ordering number of meals is unlimited. Allotted pick-up time is between 2:00 – 4:00 pm and deliveries are made between 4:30 – 5:30 pm. Payment is made upon pick-up or delivery. ALE also has a gift card promotion that offers the buyer a choice between a $50-dollar gift card offered for $40 or a $100-dollar gift card for $75. More information or to order one of these cards can be found by emailing Sarah@aleottawa.ca or call 613- 831-2442.
- Amuse Kitchen and Wine: Located on the fringe of Stittsville, they are offering take-out dinner on Friday and Saturday. You can place your order by noon on Thursday from their wide-ranging menu, along with your choice of wine, and your dinner will be ready for pick-up or delivery (within 10kms). To support physical distancing, orders can be prepaid. Call 613-880-8883 to place your order.
- Authentic Vietnamese Pho House: Always fresh, you can enjoy pho and vietnamese dishes like pad thai or coconut noodle soup, various stir fries. You can order your take-out from the Fernbank location at 613-836-8088.
- Barley Mow: Open Wednesday – Saturday from 3:00 – 8:00 pm. They are helping their non-working employees by putting into a fund, 25% of all take-out order or gift card purchases. They are using Uber Eats for delivery. Contact them at 613-435-2669.
- Bonita’s Cantina: Offers traditional Mexican tacos, burrito wraps as well as enchiladas, chimichanga’s and taco salads from their food truck. They deliver to Stittsville only. Contact them at 613-314- 9595.
- Brew Revolution: are bringing handmade, frozen British pasties to your door with their contactless pick-up delivery in the west end from Monday to Friday. What a great combo British pasties and beer – instant home pub! Call 613-877-2121 or visit their Facebook page.
- Cabotto’s: Offers traditional Italian pasta dishes. It also offers chicken and veal options, various salads as well as a few dessert options all for take-out. Call 613-592-3097 to place your order.
- Classic Shawarma: This Meditteranean restaurant has a takeout menu that offers classic donair sandwiches, various platters, combo options, family platters, and beverages. Place your order at 613-435-5660.
- Crave Tacos: Operation “Spring Taco” is complete and Crave Tacos is now available on Stittsville Main Street for “Drive Up” service or UberEats. Enjoy from their selection of pulled pork, chicken, beef, roasted cauliflower, lamb or seafood tacos with lots of fresh veggies and their great sauces to top the tacos off. You can reach Crave at 613-482-2866.
- Five Guys: Offers diner-style food like various types of hotdogs, burgers, sandwiches, and poutines. They also offer milkshakes in a variety of flavors. Order at 613-836-1800.
- Gabriel’s Pizza: They offer a wide range of pizza types and even offer other options like pizza, pasta, sandwiches, and subs, as well as chicken, salads, desserts, and platters. Order at 613-319-7777.
- Hurley’s Grill: Order off their breakfast menu for take-out. They are offering this from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm every day. Here is their number to order your breakfast 613-841-1841.
- Ivan’s Meats & Deli: People may order by phone. Offers meats like chicken, turkey duck, and sausage as well as few others. They also offer different cheeses, sandwiches, and soups as well as gluten-free options. Give them a call to order at 613-435-7679.
- Jo-Jo’s Pizza: Offers various types of pizza, subs (both hot and cold), poutines, wings, specialty salads, platters, and appetizers. They also offer vegan and lactose-free options and pizza kits to make at home and veggie bundles of fresh produce. Check out their Facebook page or give them a call at 613-836-2210 to place your order.
- Kal’s Place Restaurant: Their pizza section and other good foods – lasagna – are offered for for takeout. You can contact them at 613-831-8585.
- La Cucina Ristorante: Are offering most of their menu items for pick-up or delivery through Uber Eats or Skip the Dishes from 4:00 – 8:00 pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday only. You can order that bottle of wine as well. They are also giving out free cannolis on orders. Joe has said that if you know of anyone stuggling to get a meal for their families, just email him at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will find a way to get a hot meal to you as best as he can. Their telephone number is 613-836-8111.
- Little Caesar’s Pizza: Offers various types of pizza as well as specialty sides. Here is their number of place your take-out order 613-836-8878.
- Lucky Dragon Delight Chinese Food: Open 3:00 – 9:00 pm daily at the Stittsville location only. Order you favourite dishes at 613-836-7898.
- Main Street Cafe: Order all your favourite dishes off the menu and it will be delivered through Uber Eats, Door Dash or John. They are open for take-out from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm from Thursday to Sunday. Contact them at 613-836-2277.
- McDonald’s (Main Street @ Carp Road): The menu has been temporarily adjusted during COVID to maintain quality standards, but all of the favourite ‘core’ products are still available. The are open 24 hours a day via Drive-thru, McDelivery and curb-side delivery through the McDonald’s App. 613-831-4440.
- Milano’s Pizza: You order your fresh and favourite pizza for pick-up or delivery either online or call 613-836-9966.
- Mr. Shawarma: Are using Skip the Dishes for orders or you can directly call them at 613-831-0333.
- Mucho Burritto: you can enjoy the grilled Mexican dishes for take-out, Monday – Sunday from 12:00 – 8:00 pm. Place your order on-line or call 343-545-1859. Delivery is available through Skip the Dishes, Uber Eats, Ritual, and/or Door Dash.
- Napoli’s Cafe: Has an extensive menu of authentic Italian food, but during this time have altered it somewhat. They are offering delivery from their own employees to serve you. They also have pizza kits to make your own at home. Place your order at 613-836-7722.
- New Queen Chinese Restaurant: Are using Skip the Dishes to deliver your favourites. You can call them at 613-836-6672.
- Papa Sam’s: This restaurant offers Lebanese and Italian dishes, burgers, appetizers, sandwiches, soup, pizza and fish and chips. A known favorite for many residents is their famous club sandwiches. Order your take-out at 613-831-8511.
- ParsITAL: Are using Uber Eats to bring your meals to the door. You can contact them at 613-435-8887.
- Pocopazzo: A small Italian eatery that offers traditional Italian food. Their menu offers items like various types of chicken, fish, salads, pasta, veal and even white wine. Order your dinner at 613-836-7100.
- Red Gables Creperie: This small and quaint restaurant is offering crepe lovers with a sweet tooth, but do follow their Facebook page for times when delivery of scones and crepes are available. Find out when they are open at 613-836-6688.
- San José Mexican Foods: The food truck is set-up on Carp Road (in the Kodiak parking lot) and all of their Mexican menu items are homemade and fresh. The have a special of the day every day! They also deliver for free. Follow on their Facebook page or call 613-413-2295 to order.
- Thailicious Food Truck: Are open daily from 11:00 am – 7:00 pm to provide their delicious menu items. They are only allowing pick-up and only accepting payment by credit/debit, no cash. (they apologize for this inconvenience). You can place your orders at 613 261-1500.
- The Glen Scottish Pub and Restaurant: Is launching a new take-out promotion on Friday and Saturdays from 4:00 – 8:00 pm. Call (613) 836-5622 to order. They have foyer pick-up service and physical distancing will be practised. Pre-payment is required when you place an order at 613-836-5622.
- Willy’s Pizza: Note that they are open until 10:00 pm, but this may differ as hours of operation may have to change. You can order online or call them at 613-836-9191.
**For restaurants with a liquor license – order your delivered meals and alcohol of choice from their menu and it can now be included in your order.
If we’ve missed anyone, sorry, but please get in touch and we will gladly update and add your take-out and delivery offerings to our list.
So, I encourage you to treat yourself and support our local businesses and restaurants. My great-grandmother used to say that she was happiest when food was on the table, friends and family were over and everyone was eating and enjoying the meal. She truly loved family and having big meals together was something everyone loved to do especially at our summer beach cottage. Whether it was corn on the cob, her famous meatloaf, or apple crisp, we all used to smile at the fact that every single bite was made with love.
The great poet Virginia Woolfe once said — “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one has not dined well.”
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE