There are changes to City services on Victoria Day, Monday, May 24 – a stat holiday in Ontario and Quebec. As some of these changes affect the week following – more so garbage collection. Here is a list of services for your convenience.
- Consumer fireworks may only be discharged the day of, the day before or the day after Victoria Day, which is on Monday, May 24.The use of consumer fireworks must be directly supervised by someone 18 or older, and must take place on private property with the property owner’s permission. Minimum safety distances, as indicated on the fireworks product, must be maintained from spectators, buildings and vehicles. The display must not cause danger or nuisance to any person or property.
- Sale of consumer fireworks is prohibited in the City of Ottawa, except on Victoria Day and the seven business days immediately preceding it.
- The use of consumer fireworks dramatically increases risk of fire and injury, Ottawa Fire Services does not recommend holding personal fireworks displays. For safety tips on how to reduce risks if you do choose to use fireworks this weekend please visit ottawa.ca/fire-safety-holidays-and-special-occasions
- Ottawa Public Health encourages the public to continue not to gather with members outside of your household.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside collection of green bins, recycling or garbage. Collection scheduled for Monday will be collected on Tuesday, May 25. Collection will be delayed by one day for the entire week.
- Garbage at multi-residential properties will be collected on the regularly scheduled day. Collection of recycling and green bins will be delayed by one day for the entire week.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open Monday May 24 from 9 am to 5 pm.
- All overtime parking, signed or unsigned, are not being enforced on residential streets. All other parking restrictions are in effect.
- OC Transpo bus service and O-Train Line 1 will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday, May 24. Use OC Transpo’s Travel Planner to plan your trip.
- The OC Transpo Customer Service Centre in the Rideau Centre is temporarily closed due to the province wide stay-at-home order. All other OC Transpo Customer Service Centres remain closed at this time.
- You can buy or load a Presto card:
- You can load your ParaPay account on parapay.octranspo.com or by calling 613-741-4390.
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 am to 9 pm.
- You can plan Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) trips using Plani-bus.
- For more information on Victoria Day service, visit octranspo.com or call 613-741-4390.
- Para Transpo operations:
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regularly scheduled trips for Monday, May 24 are automatically cancelled. Customers may start booking trips one week before by calling 613-244-7272 or online.
- The reservations line (613-244-7272) will be open from 7 am to 5 pm.
- The trip cancellation and general inquiries line (613-244-4636) will be open from 6 am to midnight.
Client Service Centres
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-240.
- During this time, the Client Service Centres continue to deliver services remotely (online, by mail or over-the-phone).
Ottawa Public Health
Visit the OPH COVID-19 Vaccine page for vaccination booking information and to determine your eligibility.
Visit the OPH COVID-19 Testing Information page for hours of operation and to book appointments at assessment centres and care clinics in Ottawa. The following sites will be open on Monday May 24 for testing in Ottawa:
- COVID-19 CHEO assessment centre and kids come first care clinic at Brewer Park Arena (10:30 am to 5:30 pm)
- COVID-19 Care and Testing Centre – Moodie (8 am to 3:30 pm)
- COVID-19 Care and Testing Centre – Ray Friel (8 am to 3:30 pm)
- COVID-19 Assessment Centre for Adults at Brewer Park Arena (10:30 am to 5:30 pm)
- COVID-19 Drive-Thru Assessment Centre on Coventry Road (10 am to 6 pm)