When the pandemic reared it’s head in the Spring, the Stittsville District Lions Club had to quickly re-think their fundraising activities to continue supporting our Stittsville community.
Through hard work, caring and diligence the Stittsville Lions have been successful in so many ways. They have:
- brought meals to frontline workers;
- held bi-weekly bottle drives for dog guides, diabetes and Camp Banting culminating in a total raised over $388;
- joined ongoing ranks with Wellings of Stittsville to collect empties in support of dog guides;
- had an extremely successful Case for Cure bottle drive in support of Diabetes that raised over $1,800;
- held a partnered fundraiser with Benny&Co. for the Stittsville Food Bank raising $1,200;
- have lit up a dedicated tree in the Village Square Park and the Lions Hall in blue for Diabetes Month;
- are inviting the public at 7:00 pm on November 28 to attend the Lighting Up Village Square Park to bring the Christmas spirit to Main Street and ask those attending to bring along a non-perishable food item or two;
- currently selling Christmas cookies and fruitcakes; and, the sale of the Dog Guide 2021 calendar – https://stittsvillelions.com/events/2020-christmas-fundraiser.
- the Club also has their Annual Fundraiser for the Stittsville Food Bank currently taking place – https://stittsvillelions.com/events/2020-annual-fundraiser.
These initiatives have raised the importance of the work performed by frontline workers and, additionally, much-needed funds to support the many local causes that the Lions support and they thank the community for their generosity. Without the support of the Stittsville community, the amounts raised would not have been possible.
And, if this is not enough, the Club wants to give back further by holding a Christmas contest for the best (non-professional) decorated house in Stittsville where first, second and third prizes can be won. To enter your house, send your photos to email@example.com along with your phone number and address.
The Lions thank everyone who made the events a success, below are photos from the various Lions’ activities held in the past few months.
The partnered Benny&Co.-Stittsville Lions Club rotisserie chicken fundraiser for the Stittsville Food Bank was a great success with 148 meals sold and $1,200 being donated. Thanks go out to all who enjoyed the chicken dinners and to Goldie Ghamari, MP Carleton and Stittsville Councillor Glen Gower who dropped in to support everyone.
These are but a few captured moments of the work the Lions have performed in our community – the Club members are always helping others.
If you want more information on the Stittsville Lions about how you can help or join the Club, visit their website at https://stittsvillelions.com.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE