Canada Day fire on Bell Park Street caused by candle

(via Ottawa Fire Services)

Ottawa Fire Services responded to a fire in Stittsville last night on Bell Park Street just before 10;00pm.  Upon  arrival, the fire had been extinguished and crews ensured the fire had not extended beyond the area of origin. 

The fire appeared to have started by an unattended candle on a window sill that extended to the curtains.

Ottawa Fire Services reminds residents to never leave a burning candle unattended.  It is recommended to keep candles at least 12 inches from anything can burn or to consider using battery-operated flameless candles.


SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE

SHARE THIS


Leave a Reply