Wait, don’t put those unwanted items in the garbage. Your throwaway item may be a hidden treasure for somebody else.
So set them out at the curb during the spring edition of Giveaway Weekend – Saturday, June 8 and Sunday, June 9. You can also join the Giveaway Weekend Facebook group to see what kind of items people are searching for, or are placing out on the weekend.
Your treasures could include such items as:
- Books, CDs and DVDs.
- Old furniture and small appliances.
- Construction materials – including drywall and hardware such as nails, bolts and screws.
- Kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans.
- Unwanted gifts.
Rules for setting out your treasures:
- Place items at the curb.
- Place stickers or signs on items with the word “FREE“.
- Ensure any items that you want to keep are away from your set out treasures or tucked away safely in your garage.
- At the end of the day, bring any uncollected gems back to your home.
Treasure hunting etiquette:
- Respect other people’s property; don’t walk on people’s lawns and gardens.
- Take only the treasures marked free at the curb.
- Don’t discard items on another person’s lawn.
Please consider safety when deciding which items to set out to the curb. The Consumer Product Safety Bureau of Health Canada advises that used children’s items, such as baby walkers, yo-yo balls, cribs, car seats, strollers, playpens, bath seats, mattresses, blinds, toys and other child-related items, should not be placed at the curb for Giveaway Weekend.
SUPPORT LOCAL STITTSVILLE