The City of Ottawa reminds residents of the following schedule changes for Family Day on Monday, February 21. Due to the situation in Ottawa, there may be additional impacts on City services in and around the downtown core. Please visit ottawa.ca for updates on impacted services.
Below is a list of City services, noting any impacts to schedules on Family Day.
Client Service Centres
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters only. Please visit ottawa.ca/311 for more information.
- The Client Services Centres at Ottawa City Hall, Ben Franklin Place, 580 Terry Fox Drive and 255 Centrum Boulevard and the City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Family Day. The pick-up will take place on Tuesday, February 22. In addition, the collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day. Multi-residential recycling container and green bin collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open from 9 am to 5 pm.
- All City parking regulations and restrictions apply.
- OC Transpo buses and O-Train Line 1 will run on a normal weekday schedule.
- Detours may continue on Family Day because of road closures related to ongoing demonstrations in the downtown core. Please visit octranspo.com and sto.ca for the latest information.
- On Family Day and on every Saturday, Sunday, and holiday, the whole family can ride all day for $11.00 on a single DayPass! Purchase your Family DayPass at any ticket machine or from your bus operator. A family can be made up of as many as 6 people, with a maximum of two aged 13 or older.
- New this year: children seven and under ride for no charge every day!
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-560-5000) will be open from 7 am to 9 pm.
- All OC Transpo Customer Service Centres are currently closed, but please visit octranspo.com for the latest updates.
- Heartwood House (OC Transpo Lost and Found) will be closed.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regular scheduled trips will be automatically cancelled on Monday, February 21. Customers can book trips for Family Day this week by calling 613-560-5000 or using the online web form.
- The reservations line will be open from 7 am to 5 pm.
- The trip cancellation line will be open from 6 am to 12:30 am.
- The Taxi Coupon line will remain open.
- For more information on Family Day service, visit octranspo.com or call (613) 560-5000.
Recreation and cultural services
- Drop-in swimming, drop-in sports and fitness activities will operate with modified schedules. Visit ottawa.ca or call the facility to confirm.
- Registered programs and skating lessons are suspended.
- Before and after school programs are suspended.
- Museums, Nepean Visual Arts Centre and Nepean Creative Arts Centre will be closed.
Ottawa Public Health
- Some COVID-19 assessment centres will have adjusted operating hours on Monday, February 21. Please check your local testing site’s holiday hours at OttawaPublicHealth.ca/CovidTesting before booking an appointment.
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site Program office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 pm to 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre and COVID-19 Information Line will be closed.
- The Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Booking line at 613-691-5505 will be open from 8:30 am to 4 pm on Monday, February 21.
- Dental clinics will be closed.
- The Baby Help Line will be open.
Community and Social Services
- The Tom Brown respite centre, at 141 Bayview Station Road, is currently operating as a 24/7 physical distancing centre and limited respite services will be open.
- The Bernard Grandmaître respite centre, at 309 McArthur Avenue, will be closed and will reopen on Tuesday, February 22 during regular operating hours.
Municipal child-care services
- All municipal childcare centres will be closed.