An exciting Stittsville fundraiser is starting on Thursday, May 28 at Stittsville’s Market at the Barn (at Village Square Park corner of Abbott and Main). Two Stittsville entrepreneurs have teamed up to bring our community and all Ontario residents a new COVID-19 Coat of Arms. You can be the first to own it!
From 4:00 – 7:00 pm you can meet B.R. Ravishankar (who copyrighted the COVID-19 crest) and Joseph Carbonetto who will be introducing their new coat of arms and t-shirt design to our community. They both will again be at The Barn on Sunday, May 31 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
The design and inspiration for the crest was to thank and support all whom are working to get us through the COVID-19 pandemic. The design depicts the nurses working on the frontlines; a reminder of the physical distancing experienced; the daily updates provided by health care officials; and, the importance of our grocery and pharmacy workers. The t-shirt is designed with the crest and words #StittsvilleStrong.
Drop by to see and purchase the other products being offered to support many good local causes:
- The #StittsvilleStrong t-shirts will be sold for $30.00 with all proceeds being donated.
- Portable hand sanitizer, complete with a travel lanyard, meeting compliance with both WHO and Health Canada are available for $5.00 for a 60ml bottle. The sanitizer comes in both spray or rub forms and has a 75% alcohol base. These are great – you will always have your hand sanitizer with you – no more digging in your purse or pocket and kids will love it!
- Ontario charity raffle tickets are being sold that support Arthritis Canada, the Special Olympics and food banks) – support these good causes.
ALL proceeds from the sale of the t-shirts, hand sanitizer and raffle tickets are being donated to support local charities:
- Chrysalis House – a locally ran women’s shelter for children and their mothers;
- The Ottawa First Responders Foundation – inspired and formed by Stittsville volunteer fire fighter Brenda Tirrell; and
- The Stittsville Food Bank – always in need of donations to be able to assist those who require the gift of food.
Pick-up your t-shirt and other items through a contact-less purchase and a virtual transaction process. Hope to see you there!